I will give a short intro about my Exchange Environment before jumping into the details on how to install Exchange Server 2019.
I have a Domain Controller with a domain name SHC.Com, Exchange Server 2013 and Exchange Server 2016 are there in this lab. I’m going to install Exchange Server 2019 on a 4 CPU with 16 GB RAM for this Exchange Server 2019 Step by Step Installation demo.
Prerequisites for Exchange Server 2019:
- OS: Windows Server 2019 Standard / Datacenter Edition
- Hardware: 64-bit processor with 128 GB RAM recommended
- Active Directory Schema: AD Forest Functional Level Windows Server 2012 R2 or higher
- Hybrid Support: Coexistence of Exchange Server 2013 CU1 and Exchange Server 2016 CU11 and above
- Other Prerequisite: .NetFrameWork 4.7.2, Visual C++ Redistributable Package for Visual Studio 2012, Unified Communications Managed API 4.0
- Windows Features: Exchange Server 2019 installation has the option to deploy the required Windows Features during the installation. If for any reason, if you want to install the Windows Features Manually then run the below command.
Install-WindowsFeature Server-Media-Foundation, NET-Framework-45-Features, RPC-over-HTTP-proxy, RSAT-Clustering, RSAT-Clustering-CmdInterface, RSAT-Clustering-PowerShell, WAS-Process-Model, Web-Asp-Net45, Web-Basic-Auth, Web-Client-Auth, Web-Digest-Auth, Web-Dir-Browsing, Web-Dyn-Compression, Web-Http-Errors, Web-Http-Logging, Web-Http-Redirect, Web-Http-Tracing, Web-ISAPI-Ext, Web-ISAPI-Filter, Web-Metabase, Web-Mgmt-Service, Web-Net-Ext45, Web-Request-Monitor, Web-Server, Web-Stat-Compression, Web-Static-Content, Web-Windows-Auth, Web-WMI, RSAT-ADDS
Note: Forgot to add IIS Management Console on the screen capture. Please install it before the Exchange 2019 Installation or allow the Exchange 2019 installation to include the required windows features.
Validating the Prerequisites:
Forest & Domain Functional Level
Exchange Server 2019 Computer details
Windows Features Installation:
Existing Exchange Servers (Co-existence of Exchange Server 2013 CU21 & Exchange Server 2016 CU11)
Prerequisites verified and we are good to start the Exchange Server 2019 Installation.
Step by Step Exchange Server 2019 Installation:
Prepare the AD Schema & Domain and then start the Exchange Server 2019 installation.
Step 1: Preparing the AD Schema
Step 2: Preparing the Domain
Restart the computer once before starting the Exchange 2019 installation.
Step 3: Exchange Server 2019 Installation
I don’t want to bore you with the GUI screen captures as it is not different from Exchange 2013 / Exchange 2016 installation.
We will see what’s New in Exchange Server 2019 on the next post. Post your comments for any queries in Installing Exchange Server 2019.